105 views

I filled up Sunday night on 09/30 and a $39 transaction turned into a $151"hold" on my credit card. It reported/triggered "suspicious activity"...

so my card's fraud department cancelled my card. I was unable to get in contact with Pilot or my card's fraud department till Monday morning (both closed on Sunday night). Thankfully, I was able to make it home without needing gas again. Imagine if I needed to fill up again and no other method of payment (no cash, etc.) - Pilot would have put me in hot water.

Now, I have to wait for a new card from my bank. Why would anyone take the risk of filling up at a Pilot/ Flying J if the $151 hold is going to cause so many headaches? For me, my family and anyone I can get this message to - not worth getting gas there anymore. I've never had this problem with any other gas station before.

Final thought - No point in calling Pilot either (I'll save you the trouble). They're trained to blame VISA or whatever card you use for the $151 hold. Couldn't be the furthest from the truth.

So, I hope to spread this like wild fire. Businesses who lie and cause this many headaches should be avoided.

Product or Service Mentioned: Paymentwall Customer Care.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Simple - Apology for the headache this has caused and an email from the Customer Service Manager/Director that they'll change their message to the truth about the $151 hold. I'll write the true message for them, if they'd like. Don't blame VISA for it..

Location: 650 Carrollton St, Temple, GA 30179, USA